Monday, 20 June 2011

Banana Bread the revenge...

I posted a banana bread recipe a while ago and have to admit to being slightly addicted to it. It's just SO easy to make, especially for someone who is irrationally terrified of baking.

I've made a few changes to the recipe each time I've made it (adding cinnamon, cocoa and random other bits and pieces and using muffin tins instead of a loaf tin) but yesterday I decided to use half the recommended amount of butter and substitute the other half for coconut oil. In hindsite I should have warmed the oil up a little because at room temperature it's solid and not very easy to work with so I actually ended up chopping it up into little pieces as I'd already started mixing the wet ingredients.

Anyway, the result was fantastic!! You can't actually taste the coconut (until next time when I add some dessicated coconut to the mix) but it has a completely different texture, almost chewy, which I really, really like.

Next time I'm going to add some dessicated coconut and possibly (though I'm not sure about this), some crushed pineapple and make a totally tropical loaf :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda
    You are on to something here with the variances in the recipe. Sound delicious. I love coconut.
    Helene

    ReplyDelete