Wednesday, 13 April 2011

Blogging


I go through phases of the types of blogs I read. Just recently I seem to have added hundreds of heathly living blogs to my google reader. I call them "oatmeal bloggers", a term coined on a forum I sometimes frequent and a term I rather love. I mean it in the nicest way because to be honest, I LOVE reading what these girls have to say, how positive they are about healthy eating and healthy living (and oatmeal!).

It's actually inpired me sompewhat. I've been married for seven months and on Lithium for six months and in that time I've put on a LOT of weight. Whether this gain is caused by the Lithium or just plain gluttony, I don't particularly care, I just want to shift a fair bit of it in a healthy way.


Now, here's the kicker. I HATE exercising!! I used to play badminton at least once a week for about two hours at a time but I've got lazy in my old age and now I actually get puffed walking up the stairs at work. I do go cycling once a week (or once a fortnight) and do on average 12-16 miles but in the grand scheme of things that's not really a lot. A and I had a plan of cycling from Lands End to John O'Groats but I chickened out pretty much immediately. I do however want to do *something*. Anyway, most of these bloggers that I read go running. My view was always "I don't run unless I'm being chased" but maybe these girls are onto something. Maybe running could be "my thing". I do need some trainers though, I haven't had a decent pair in years so that might cost quite a bit but I guess it would be worth it if I can make myself actually run (and to be honest, if I've bought them I'm more likely to do it).


And breakfast, I am going to HAVE to start eating breakfast. Normally I'm in so much of a rush in the morning that I run out of the house without eating anything an then just have a Nakd bar at about 10am but if I get into the habit it's got to be better for me. Heh, this could be the start of a new me :)


PS - the oat photo isn't mine, it's from Chocolate-Covered Katie

3 comments:

  1. I never used to eat breakfast,
    but seriously...it's the best thing I ever did in terms of getting well
    and it makes such a difference to my energy levels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am getting through three bowls a day of hot oat cereal with soya milk. When I'm in a bad bi-polar phase I can be sick many times a day, and this is the only thing that I can keep down. Thank you SO much for your comment on my blog - keep on keeping on x x x Fostermummy X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with what you say about running, I only run if being chased OR running to something. I cycle to work and go to the gym once a week, also work on my allotment. i am not a fan of exercise for the sake of it, I like it to be for something; to get somewhere, to have fun etc.

    ReplyDelete