Friday, 11 March 2011

Meh


I'm having a major downer at the moment. I was quite strong with myself a couple of weeks back and decided I wouldn't stand on the bathroom scales every day (it's been a bad habit of mine for a long time, when I was sick, I'd stand on them at least four or five times a day and freak out if the number had increased). This is quite a big thing for me and I was really proud with myself that I managed it for so long and that I've actually been enjoying food (probably a little too much, but it's been nice eating what I want and not knowing what the scale would say afterwards, it's been rather freeing).

Then this evening I decided to stand on the scales and I've put on nearly 10 lbs since I last checked. TEN POUNDS!!!

How on earth did that happen????? Well, gluttony is the answer I guess. Pure unadulterated gluttony :( I know that I shouldn't put so much emphasis on my weight and appearance but sadly it's the society we're in. Skinny = successful and fat = lazy. I'd like to live in a world/society where it's the person you are who matters and not what you weight or how you look. I don't like being so superficial...

To cheer me up though, I thought I'd post a couple of pictures. A and I took a friend to Beale Park last weekend and had a lovely day. I didn't take many photos because I only had my camera phone (which has a rubbish zoom), but here's a selection:

These ducks were so relaxing to watch. Most of the other ducks and geese were making a racket, but these two were just peacefully bobbing around.

Everyone likes Meerkats, *simples*


This little guy was only about a day old but refused to stay still for long enough to get a good photo.




No comments:

Post a Comment