Wednesday, 16 March 2011

Banana loaf recipe for really ripe bananas!

(really easy to make)

6oz self-raising flour
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 ripe bananas (the riper the better)
2 oz butter/margarine
1 egg
5 oz caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp salt

1. Sift flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl.
2. Mix (wooden spoon, whisk or blender..) bananas, egg, sugar, butter, vanilla essence and salt until smooth.
3. Add flour and bicarbonate of soda and combine.
4. Bake in a lined loaf tin for about 40 minutes at 190 deg Celsius (375 deg Fahrenheit).


My boss gave me this recipe from one of our helpline calls and I'll agree with the comment about it being easy. Also, not being a person who really likes bananas all that much (especially once they've gone speckly), this is perfect for using them up and it doesn't taste of nasty banana, just nice banana.

I will post a photo of my own banana bread (assuming I make it as far as picking up the camera without eating it all!)

1 comment: