Tuesday, 6 April 2010

April


Ah, April is here! Such a wonderful month and the start of Springtime proper (we can hope). Sunshine, Easter and Daffodils :)

Cooking in the month of April:

Fruit & Veg:

* Watercress

* Asparagus (nom, nom, nom)

* Rocket
* Spring onions

* Purple sprouting broccoli (I can't wait until this appears in my farm shop, I absolutely adore it and it has such a short lifespan)

*
Jersey royals
* Outdoor rhubarb
Herbs:

* Rosemary

* Wild garlic

* Mint

* Parsley

Meat:

* Spring lamb

* Vension

* Wood pigeon
Seafood:
* Cockles

* Lobster

* Oysters

* Wild salmon

* Mussels

And here is the link to the BBC Food seasonal recipe finder for the month of April.


I'm going to try to keep as seasonal as possible with my cooking this month, I'm hoping that it will help financially in the long run as well as eating foods at their very best.
Also, having been inspired by Bethany, I'm going to have a good look around and see what coupons etc I can find. I do tend to pick up the supermarket magazines when in the store but never actually use the coupons they have. I'm not sure if I'll get as much of a bargain as Bethany did (she saved over $50!), but anything would help really!! Happy Cooking!

Image from GAP Photos, sadly not my own effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment