Tuesday, 23 March 2010

Personality Test

I've done this test several times in the past, my results tend to vary slightly each time I do it.

DisorderRating
Paranoid Disorder:Moderate
Schizoid Disorder:Low
Schizotypal Disorder:High
Antisocial Disorder:Moderate
Borderline Disorder:Very High
Histrionic Disorder:High
Narcissistic Disorder:Low
Avoidant Disorder:Very High
Dependent Disorder:High
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder:Low

-- Personality Disorder Test - Take It! --
-- Personality Disorders --

Symptoms of Avoidant Personality Disorder:
* Social inhibition; retreating from others in anticipation of rejection
* Preoccupation with being rejected or criticized in social situations
* Fear of embarrassment results in avoidance of new activities
* Poor self-image; feelings of social ineptitude
* Desire for improved social relations
* Appear to others as self-involved and unfriendly
* Creation of elaborate fantasy lives

Symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder:
* Self-injury or attempted suicide
* Strong feelings of anger, anxiety, or depression that last for several hours
* Impulsive behavior
* Drug or alcohol abuse
* Feelings of low self-worth
* Unstable relationships with friends, family, and boyfriends/girlfriends

I'm not sure if the BPD diagnosis is really right any more. I have the feelings of those things, but I don't activey persue them any more. Maybe just having the thoughts and feelings is enough :(

1 comment:

  1. I think it can be enough actually. I have a BPD diagnosis, but I am not you 'classic' Borderline - I rarely self harm for a start. The criteria listed there isn't the full criteria for diagnosis - there are 9 in all, and you only have to meet 5 to be diagnosed, so whilst there is a sterotype of someone with BPD, plenty of people with the diagnosis won't be like that stereotype.

    ReplyDelete